Custom Kitchen Cabinets in North Palm Beach
Remodeling your kitchen is a job all in itself. When it comes to remodeling your kitchen, most people are interested in fully customizing their kitchens. Customizing your kitchen cabinets to fit your style or theme, however, can be overwhelming. Need not to worry, The Drawer Dude is here to assist with your kitchen remodeling project with handcrafted custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach. We specialize in hand-crafting high-quality kitchen cabinets that help make the most out of your cabinet space for better organization and accessibility. There’s no job that is too small or big for The Drawer Dude. Therefore, we want you to dream big so we can customize your kitchen exactly how you want it. The Drawer Dude has been building custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach and across Palm Beach County for over the last decade.
The time to remodel your kitchen with custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach is now! Since we offer a plethora of options to outfit your kitchen remodeling project, we understand how overwhelming it can feel. Give us a call today to consult with The Drawer Dude on all your custom kitchen cabinet options in North Palm Beach. Keep in mind, not all kitchen cabinets are constructed the same. Kitchen cabinets are often pre-made or stock and some are semi-customed and unfinished. The Drawer Dude thoroughly go over every detail with you down to the hardware you choose. Here are the options you have to choose from:
Types of Kitchen Cabinets
- Wall Cabinets – wall cabinets are all wall-mounted for any room and provide access to all things while standing. These wall cabinets are also offered in smaller sized cabinets to hold spices, appliances or bread box cabinets, typical easy-access cabinets, or corner cabinets that include a lazy susan. All wall cabinets are fully customizable and really depends on the layout of your kitchen.
- Base Cabinets – base cabinets are located under your countertops and usually around your kitchen island. We offer kitchen desk cabinetry and sink pull out cabinets as well. More traditional options are base pull out cabinets, typical base easy-access cabinets, two drawer cabinets, open base cabinets, corner cabinets, super cabinets, and recycle & trash cabinets. Most of these can be customized to have a lazy susan, adjustable roll-out drawers or shelves.
- Tall Cabinets – are often used for a pantry, fine china, and or utility storage. These include the ability to accommodate larger items. For instance, bulk foods and or brooms and mops. These are available in utility tall cabinets, oven & microwave cabinets, tall or wide pantry pullouts.
The construction of custom kitchen cabinets in Nort Palm Beach all determines how it functions and looks. When constructing high-quality custom kitchen cabinets, it’s important to think about shelving options, types of wood, hinges, and finishing techniques because they all play an important role. Cabinet construction is offered in three types:
- Frameless – Frameless is exactly that, it lacks the frame around the opening of the cabinet.
- Framed – Framed is the most traditional construction that offers rails and stiles that form a frame at the front of your cabinet.
- Inset – this construction type features doors that fit inside of the cabinet face. Having your cabinet doors flush and inset on the inside of the frame opening allows for minimal gaps between openings.
Types of Wood
When choosing a wood type for your custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach it’s important you consider what wood types and characteristics they have. This helps when it comes down to your finished product and how it will look. For the most part, people who are considering custom kitchen cabinets have a good idea of what they want heading into a project like this. Then there are those that are still left undecided on all the options they have to choose from. Be sure to check out all your options and consider the unique characteristics of each wood type and finish. Here are some of the wood characteristics of what to expect with each:
Natural Wood Characteristics
- Sapwood – the lighter colored wood that grows from inside the bark.
- Heartwood – the mature darker wood that extends from the sapwood.
- Bird Pecks – small divots in the grain pattern caused by birds pecking at the wood.
- Wormholes – holes in the wood that resemble a worm.
- Mineral Streaks – blackish-brown in color and follows the grain pattern
- Gum Streaks – mineral-like streaks found in only Cherry wood.
- Unsound Knot – a bigger knot in the wood face.
- Sound Knot – a nice tight knot and solid face that shows no decay.
- Burl – this wood does not contain a knot but offers a swirling grain or fingerprint grain.
- Walnut – Comes in color ranges from light reddish-gray brown to deep chocolate and offers a smooth, straight muted brown wood grain.
- Hickory – Can appear as a natural contrast due to the sapwood and heartwood. Color ranges all over from blonde to white to reddish-brown and dark brown.
- Cherry – Characterized by their smooth, close-grained appearance and vary in color from white to deep brown.
- Birch – offers a smooth surface and a tight grain that is heavy and strong. The typical color is white to a creamy yellow and ranges from dark brown to a reddish-brown.
- Pecan – this wood can range from blonde or white to dark or reddish-browns.
- Alder – characterized by reddish and light brown undertones and even-textured wood grain.
- Maple – Offers a very subtle grain pattern and for the most part, is a creamy-white but can find reddish-brown tones mixed in.
- Oak – A distinct grain pattern and comes in a variety of colors from white to more reddish tones.
- Glazes – glazes are used to highlight different edges of your custom kitchen cabinets and can be applied to both stain and paint finishes.
- Stains – stains are applied to any custom kitchen cabinets and help bring out the natural beauty of the wood. Stains range anywhere from light to dark. Light stains allow more of the wood’s natural character to shine while the darker stains will hide the grain a bit more. The darker stains definitely create a more dramatic and richer look.
- Paints – paints are applied on an opaque colored finish cabinet is desired and on tighter grained wood types. A smooth finish can be expected, although it does depend on the type of wood used.
- Finishing touches – finishing touches are great ways to add to your custom kitchen cabinets. We can distress the finish, sand the edges, add dents or gouges to your cabinets that leave a perfectly aged look. It all depends on how you want to customize your cabinets. The choice is yours!
Once The Drawer Dude utilizes one of these cabinet finishes, it is sure to bring out the best characteristics of your custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach!
The hardware you choose makes a statement about who you are. Hardware options are used as a finishing touch to your custom kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach. With so many possibilities and options, it really comes down to your own style and the feel. In addition, you may also want to consider the design theme or functionality you want with custom kitchen cabinets. Hardware for your custom kitchen cabinets is available in many different designs, materials, shapes to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Polished Brass
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Antique Copper
- Satin Nickel
Custom Roll Out Drawers in North Palm Beach
Trust in The Drawer Dude to fully customize all your custom kitchen cabinets down to the custom roll out drawers in North Palm Beach. Finding a highly reliable and trusted company that specializes in handcrafting custom roll out drawers and kitchen cabinets in North Palm Beach can be challenging. The Drawer Dude wants you to take customization to the next level! Maybe you have an unorganized pantry or a bathroom countertop that needs a place for everything or a more so a functional laundry room. Above all, leave it to The Drawer Dude to handcraft custom roll out drawers specifically for your cabinets and will help you to better utilize up to 50% more of your current cabinets available space. If your kitchen is disorganized and has no place to store things, then give The Drawer Dude a call!
We can’t wait to show you how we can transform your kitchen cabinets into well organized and highly functioning storage units with our custom roll out drawers in North Palm Beach. Contact us by form fill or by calling us at 561-585-7117 today!