Custom Kitchen Cabinets in Palm Beach Gardens
If you’re thinking of remodeling your kitchen but feel overwhelmed by the different styles and fits to choose from then consider hiring the professional service of The Drawer Dude. The Drawer Dude can help remodel your kitchen with handcrafted custom kitchen cabinets in Palm Beach Garden. With his specialty in hand-crafting high-quality kitchen cabinets, The Drawer Dude can make the most out of your cabinet space for better accessibility and organization. No matter the size, we encourage all customers to dream big so we can give them exactly what they want. For the past decade, The Drawer Dude has developed significant experience in building custom kitchen cabinets in Palm Beach Gardens and across Palm Beach County. So when you hire him, you can expect quality handiwork and craftsmanship in your new kitchen.
Any kitchen remodeling project can be a mission in and of itself. There are many options to choose from and we understand that. Which is why we help decide on cabinet options through our professional consultation. Not all kitchen cabinets are built the same and we want to ensure we craft every fine detail possible to make your end-product unique. Below are the options we offer to customers:
Types of Kitchen Cabinets
- Tall Cabinets – These are excellent cabinets to choose if you wish to store your fine china or utilities. These cabinets can accommodate for larger items such as brooms and mops or bulk foods.
- Wall Cabinets – These wall-mounted cabinets can be built for almost any room, providing access to all things while standing. These cabinets are most popular in holding spices and appliances.
- Base Cabinets – Base cabinets are most ideal for around your kitchen island or under your countertops. We offer these types as kitchen desk cabinetry or sink pull-out cabinets. We even offer traditional options such as typical base easy-access cabinets, two drawer cabinets, and more.
Function and appearance are two key factors go into the construction of kitchen cabinets. When constructing custom kitchen cabinets in Palm Beach Gardens, shelving options, hinges, types of wood, and finishing techniques all play an important role. Cabinet construction is offered in three types:
- Inset – this construction type features doors that fit inside of the cabinet face. Having your cabinet doors flush and inset on the inside of the frame opening allows for minimal gaps between openings.
- Framed – Framed is the most traditional construction that offers rails and stiles that form a frame at the front of your cabinet.
- Frameless – Frameless is exactly that, it lacks the frame around the opening of the cabinet.
Types of Wood
It can be perplexing to choose which wood type you want for your Palm Beach Gardens custom kitchen cabinets. For some, it’s an easy choice, but for others, it’s a tough decision. That being said, you’ll want to see all options we offer and consider which unique characteristics you’ll want. Here are some natural wood characteristics that can go into your cabinet construction:
Natural Wood Characteristics
- Heartwood – the mature darker wood that extends from the sapwood.
- Bird Pecks – small divots in the grain pattern caused by birds pecking at the wood.
- Wormholes – holes in the wood that resemble a worm.
- Mineral Streaks – blackish-brown in color and follows the grain pattern
- Gum Streaks – mineral-like streaks found in only Cherry wood.
- Unsound Knot – a bigger knot in the wood face.
- Sound Knot – a nice tight knot and solid face that shows no decay.
- Burl – this wood does not contain a knot but offers a swirling grain or fingerprint grain.
- Sapwood – the lighter colored wood that grows from inside the bark.
- Cherry – Characterized by their smooth, close-grained appearance and vary in color from white to deep brown.
- Birch – offers a smooth surface and a tight grain that is heavy and strong. The typical color is white to a creamy yellow and ranges from dark brown to a reddish-brown.
- Pecan – this wood can range from blonde or white to dark or reddish-browns.
- Alder – characterized by reddish and light brown undertones and even-textured wood grain.
- Maple – Offers a very subtle grain pattern and for the most part, is a creamy-white but can find reddish-brown tones mixed in.
- Oak – A distinct grain pattern and comes in a variety of colors from white to more reddish tones.
- Walnut – Comes in color ranges from light reddish-gray brown to deep chocolate and offers a smooth, straight muted brown wood grain.
- Hickory – Can appear as a natural contrast due to the sapwood and heartwood. Color ranges all over from blonde to white to reddish-brown and dark brown.
- Paints – A smooth finish is expected, but this is also determined on the type of wood used. We apply paints on opaque colored finished cabinets.
- Stains – Applying stains to your customer kitchen cabinets will help bring out the natural beauty of the wood. With our light stains, the wood’s natural character will shine whereas the darker stain will the grain a little.
- Glazes – glazes highlight different edges of your custom kitchen cabinets and can be applied to both stain and paint finishes.
- Finishing touches – finishing touches are great ways to add to your custom kitchen cabinets. We can distress the finish, sand the edges, add dents or gouges to your cabinets that leaves a perfectly aged look. It all depends on how you want to customize your cabinets. The choice is yours!
Once The Drawer Dude utilizes one of these finishes, it is sure to bring out the best characteristics of your custom kitchen cabinets in Boca Raton!
Choosing the right hardware plays a big role in creating your Palm Beach Gardens custom kitchen cabinets. We offer endless possibilities and what you choose all depends on the style you desire. Not to mention, the design theme or functionality you want your custom kitchen cabinets to display also needs to be considered. Cabinet hardware is available in many different shapes, designs, and materials to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Polished Brass
- Satin Nickel
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Antique Copper
Custom Roll Out Drawers in Palm Beach Gardens
Finding a trusted and highly reliable company like The Drawer Dude to build custom kitchen cabinets can be challenging. When you hire our professional service to lend a hand in your kitchen remodeling project, we’re confident that you’ll be happy with the end product and be added to our growing list of satisfied customers. We can’t wait to show you how we can transform your kitchen cabinets into well organized and highly functioning storage units with our custom roll out drawers in Boca Raton. Contact us by form fill or by calling us at 561-585-7117 today!