Remodeling and customizing your kitchen to fit the style and theme you want can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. Let The Drawer Dude assist with your kitchen remodeling project and save yourself the worry of custom kitchen cabinets in Riviera Beach.
The Drawer Dude can help in making the most out of your kitchen by utilizing more cabinet space with accessibility and organization. Regardless of size, we encourage all clients to dream big so that we can give you exactly what you want. For over a decade, we’ve constructed countless kitchen cabinets in Riviera Beach and the rest of Palm Beach County. Rest assured, The Drawer Dude is ready to roll on your custom kitchen cabinets in Riviera Beach.
Kitchen remodeling can be a chore in and of itself. And not just because you have to do a lot of work but because there are many designs to choose from when deciding what your kitchen should look like. We understand that there are many choices and so, we consult with you of possible custom kitchens to install in your Riviera Beach home.
Below are the options you can choose from for your cabinets:
Types of Kitchen Cabinets
- Tall Cabinets – Often used for fine china, pantry, and/or utility storage, these cabinets are able to accommodate for large items such as bulk foods and brooms. We offer three variations for these, utility cabinets, oven and microwave cabinets, and tall or wide pantry pullouts.
- Wall Cabinets – As the name implies, these cabinets can be mounted on walls, allowing access to all items as your standing. We offer these cabinets in regular and small sizes to hold appliances, spices, and other various objects. We also offer typical easy-access cabinets, or corner cabinets that include a lazy susan. All are fully customizable and just depends on your layout.
- Base Cabinets – Most ideal for under your countertops and around your kitchen island, we offer desk cabinetry and sink pull-out cabinets as well. We also offer traditional options like base pull-out cabinets, easy-access cabinets, open-base cabinets, two-drawer cabinets, super cabinets, corner cabinets, and recycle & trash cabinets. Most of these can be customized to have a lazy susan, adjustable roll-out drawers or shelves.
Cabinet construction is determined by functions and appearance. During Riviera Beach custom kitchen cabinet construction, shelving options, hinges, types of wood, and finishing techniques all play an important role. Cabinet construction is offered in three types:
- Inset – This type features doors that fit inside of the cabinet face. These will for minimal gaps between openings.
- Framed – Framed is the most traditional construction that offers rails and stiles that form a frame at the front of your cabinet.
- Frameless – Frameless is exactly that, it lacks the frame around the opening of the cabinet.
Types of Wood
It can be perplexing choosing the right wood type for your custom kitchen cabinets in Riviera Beach. Most times, people who consider receiving custom kitchen cabinets have a good idea of what they want. But other times, people are left undecided. That being said, you will want to check out all your options and consider the unique characteristics of each wood type. Here are some of the wood characteristics of what to expect with each:
Natural Wood Characteristics
- Sapwood – the lighter colored wood that grows from inside the bark.
- Heartwood – the mature darker wood that extends from the sapwood.
- Bird Pecks – small divots in the grain pattern caused by birds pecking at the wood.
- Wormholes – holes in the wood that resemble a worm.
- Mineral Streaks – blackish-brown in color and follows the grain pattern
- Gum Streaks – mineral-like streaks found in only Cherry wood.
- Unsound Knot – a bigger knot in the wood face.
- Sound Knot – a nice tight knot and solid face that shows no decay.
- Burl – this wood does not contain a knot but offers a swirling grain or fingerprint grain.
- Hickory – Can appear as a natural contrast due to the sapwood and heartwood. Color ranges all over from blonde to white to reddish-brown and dark brown.
- Cherry – Characterized by their smooth, close-grained appearance and vary in color from white to deep brown.
- Birch – offers a smooth surface and a tight grain that is heavy and strong. The typical color is white to a creamy yellow and ranges from dark brown to a reddish-brown.
- Pecan – this wood can range from blonde or white to dark or reddish-browns.
- Alder – characterized by reddish and light brown undertones and even-textured wood grain.
- Maple – Offers a very subtle grain pattern and for the most part, is a creamy-white but can find reddish-brown tones mixed in.
- Oak – A distinct grain pattern and comes in a variety of colors from white to more reddish tones.
- Walnut – Comes in color ranges from light reddish-gray brown to deep chocolate and offers a smooth, straight muted brown wood grain.
- Finishing touches – finishing touches are great ways to add to your custom kitchen cabinets. We can distress the finish, sand the edges, add dents or gouges to your cabinets that leaves a perfectly aged look. It all depends on how you want to customize your cabinets. The choice is yours!
- Paints – paints are applied on an opaque colored finish cabinet is desired and on tighter grained wood types. A smooth finish can be expected, although it does depend on the type of wood used.
- Stains – stains can be applied to any custom kitchen cabinets as they help bring out the natural beauty of the wood. Stains range anywhere from light to dark. Light stains allow more of the wood’s natural character to shine while the darker stains will hide the grain a bit more. The darker stains definitely create a more dramatic and richer look.
- Glazes – glazes are used to highlight different edges of your custom kitchen cabinets and can be applied to both stain and paint finishes.
Once The Drawer Dude utilizes one of these finishes, it is sure to bring out the best characteristics of your custom kitchen cabinets in Boca Raton!
Choosing your hardware as a finishing touch to your custom kitchen cabinets in Riviera Beach can play a big role. You have endless possibilities and it all depends on the style and look you’re going for. Not to mention, you also need to consider the design them or functionality you want your custom kitchen cabinets to display. Cabinet hardware is available in many different shapes, designs, and materials to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Antique Copper
- Polished Brass
- Satin Nickel
Custom Kitchen Cabinets in Riviera Beach
For the past decade, The Drawer Dude has granted countless clients with the absolute best in cabinetry and roll-out drawer shelves. Thanks to his craftsmanship and handiwork, many Riviera Beach residents are happy with the direction and finishing touch that’s been constructed in their homes. And we’re confident that when you hire us, you’ll become one of them. We can’t wait to show you how we can transform your kitchen cabinets into well organized and highly functioning storage units with our custom roll-out drawers and cabinets. Contact us by form fill or by calling us at 561-585-7117 today!