Custom Kitchen Cabinets in Royal Palm Beach
Are you considering remodeling or customizing your kitchen cabinets but feel overwhelmed by the idea of a kitchen renovation project? Don’t be. Hire The Drawer Dude to help with your kitchen remodeling project with handcrafted custom kitchen cabinets in Royal Palm Beach. Specializing in hand-crafted high-quality kitchen cabinets, The Drawer Dude can make the most out of your cabinet space by providing it with better organization and accessibility. Whether your kitchen remodeling project is big or small, The Drawer Dude encourages you to dream big so that we can give you exactly what you want. Our professional service has been building custom kitchen cabinets in Royal Palm Beach for over a decade. This has allowed us to become the most trusted kitchen cabinet business in all of Palm Beach County.
Kitchen remodeling can be a stressful job due to the many options you can choose from to design your cabinets. The Drawer Dude can help you with this through consultation on all your cabinet options in Royal Palm Beach. We understand that not all cabinets are the same and so, when we build yours, we put every inch of effort into creating your new cabinets, making them entirely unique. The Drawer Dude will cover every detail with you down to the hardware you choose. Here are the options you have to choose from:
Types of Kitchen Cabinets
- Base Cabinets – If you’re thinking of accessorizing under the countertops or even around your kitchen island these are the type of cabinets for you. With these cabinets, we off traditional options such as pull-out cabinets and open-base cabinets.
- Wall Cabinets – These are great for many rooms as they provide access to all things while standing. Offered in both big and small, these cabinets can hold spices, appliances, or be used as bread box cabinets. All are fully customizable and just depends on your layout.
- Tall Cabinets – Commonly used as a pantry, or for storage of utilities and/or fine china, these cabinets can accommodate for large items. You can store brooms and mops in these or even bulk foods.
functionality and appearance all go into the construction of a kitchen cabinet. When constructing custom kitchen cabinets in Royal Palm Beach, shelving options, types of wood, hinges, and finishing techniques all play an important role. Cabinet construction is offered in three types:
- Frameless – Frameless is exactly that, it lacks the frame around the opening of the cabinet.
- Inset – this construction type features doors that fit inside of the cabinet face. Having your cabinet doors flush and inset on the inside of the frame opening allows for minimal gaps between openings.
- Framed – Framed is the most traditional construction that offers rails and stiles that form a frame at the front of your cabinet.
Types of Wood
Choosing the right wood type can be challenging. It’s difficult in knowing which can benefit you the most as each type serves its own purpose. Some already know what they want, whereas others are left undecided. That being said, you’ll want to check out all your options and consider the unique characteristics of each wood type. Here are some of the wood characteristics of what to expect with each:
Natural Wood Characteristics
- Unsound Knot – a bigger knot in the wood face.
- Sound Knot – a nice tight knot and solid face that shows no decay.
- Bird Pecks – small divots in the grain pattern caused by birds pecking at the wood.
- Wormholes – holes in the wood that resemble a worm.
- Mineral Streaks – blackish-brown in color and follows the grain pattern
- Gum Streaks – mineral-like streaks found in only Cherry wood.
- Burl – this wood does not contain a knot but offers a swirling grain or fingerprint grain.
- Sapwood – the lighter colored wood that grows from inside the bark.
- Heartwood – the mature darker wood that extends from the sapwood.
- Walnut – Comes in color ranges from light reddish-gray brown to deep chocolate and offers a smooth, straight muted brown wood grain.
- Hickory – Can appear as a natural contrast due to the sapwood and heartwood. Color ranges all over from blonde to white to reddish-brown and dark brown.
- Pecan – this wood can range from blonde or white to dark or reddish-browns.
- Alder – characterized by reddish and light brown undertones and even-textured wood grain.
- Maple – Offers a very subtle grain pattern and for the most part, is a creamy-white but can find reddish-brown tones mixed in.
- Oak – A distinct grain pattern and comes in a variety of colors from white to more reddish tones.
- Cherry – Characterized by their smooth, close-grained appearance and vary in color from white to deep brown.
- Birch – offers a smooth surface and a tight grain that is heavy and strong. The typical color is white to a creamy yellow and ranges from dark brown to a reddish-brown.
- Glazes – glazes are used to highlight different edges of your custom kitchen cabinets and can be applied to both stain and paint finishes.
- Paints – paints are applied on an opaque colored finish cabinet is desired and on tighter grained wood types. A smooth finish can be expected, although it does depend on the type of wood used.
- Stains – stains can be applied to any custom kitchen cabinets as they help bring out the natural beauty of the wood. Stains range anywhere from light to dark. Light stains allow more of the wood’s natural character to shine while the darker stains will hide the grain a bit more. The darker stains definitely create a more dramatic and richer look.
- Finishing touches – finishing touches are great ways to add to your custom kitchen cabinets. We can distress the finish, sand the edges, add dents or gouges to your cabinets that leaves a perfectly aged look. It all depends on how you want to customize your cabinets. The choice is yours!
Once The Drawer Dude utilizes one of these finishes, it is sure to bring out the best characteristics of your custom kitchen cabinets in Royal Palm Beach!
The finishing touch on your Royal Palm Beach cabinets is affected immensely by choosing the hardware you want. The possibilities are endless and it all depends on the style you want. Not to mention the design theme or functionality you want your custom kitchen cabinets to display. Cabinet hardware is available in many different shapes, designs, and materials to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Antique Copper
- Polished Brass
- Satin Nickel
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
Custom Roll Out Drawers in Royal Palm Beach
We can’t wait to show you how we can transform your kitchen cabinets into well organized and highly functioning storage units with our custom roll out drawers in Royal Palm Beach. We’re confident that when you hire us, you’ll be absolutely happy with your new cabinets and you’ll be added to our growing list of satisfied customers. Contact us by form fill or by calling us at 561-585-7117 today!